Friday, September 17, 2010

Baraka

The most profound scene for me was the very last scene; the images of ruins under the moonlit sky. It captured the whole point of this movie, well, at least to me it did.

Baraka showed image after endless image of the human race and how we have become like ants. It suggested to me that we have become endlessly involved in our busy lives. It also showed other images of other countries, where people are crammed and living in bad conditions. It showed our lives in all different forms of it. It reminded me of a saying I've heard; "People live in quiet desperation."

And then came the ruins at the very end. The entire movie I was a little confused at the fact that it kept switching between the present busy lives, crammed lives, unhappy lives, busy lives, happy lives, lives of a human being, with the ghosts of the past. For some reason, it seemed to become relevant to me at the end. This entire complex life we have created, just like the ancients did, will some day be ruins, just like their empires were. It was a sad realization... But at the same time, didn't seem that bad, it just seems like fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment